Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Oowatanite

 There was a dusting of snow this morning, or so I was told as I hadn't quite finished my 12 hour nap. By the afternoon it was 10C so we took a drive, stopping at liquidation (I didn’t find what I wanted but almost bought another dog bed, cause, you know, can there be enough dog beds?)


Spike had a quick haircut on his face - he wasn’t very happy about it but eventually aquested. I, however, did not get a haircut. I have to drive by the barbershop to see if they have a protocol posted and then will figure out if I’ll go there or to Pat’s lady who operates out of her home.


I was listening to music, wondering who gathered the lyrics to almost all the songs. Every time I’ve wanted the lyrics to something, a quick google search will unearth them, no matter how obscure. Which triggered a memory of when, instead of studying for exams, I wrote down all the lyrics to ‘Oowatanite’ by April Wine. This involved running the tape endlessly through my cassette player. Forty four years later I can sing along without missing a beat, but have zero memory of what exam I should have been studying for!



"Oowatanite

Everything'll be alright

Come on, come on, love me tonight

And I'll be yours till the sun comes up”

~April Wine

No comments: