Monday, October 26, 2020

new peeks

 It didn’t snow! But with near freezing temperatures and an icy drizzle falling from the sky it felt sub zero. I actually got Carm to up the temp in the house this afternoon - I wanted to get dressed up again and since all of my dress-up clothes are from Caribbean cruises… My aim to dress up every night might falter with colder weather. Either that or we’ll go poor with heating bills!


It was too miserable to finish off the outside winterizing (some plants and a re-arrange of the back deck to facilitate shoveling), so we got in the car and drove into the city. Costco (I waited in the car), then the shopping centre. LCBO was closed (?) but the shop I wanted was open and nearly empty. A nice young man helped me make my purchases and then I was on my way.


So much excitement 😃 


Music accompanied our supper. I’d forgotten, but remember now why we usually eat at the coffee table in front of the TV - after a day spent together (and I mean together - we are literally in the same room 100% of the time, or we are in the car together, or, or), we don’t have much left to talk about! TV dinners take the pressure off!


Oh! Our new glasses arrived this afternoon. Two pairs for me and two for Carm. I went for a staid silver and a whacked-out pale pink. I’m not sure that I’m someone who can pull off zany.



Just saw on the news that the city got a bunch of snow overnight! Also, thankfully, I didn’t pick up a really sticky earworm yesterday (I’m a star in New York I’m a star in LA - oh yeah - it’s there).


I am going to print out the quote today and paste it onto my mirror.



"It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.”

~Lucy Maud Montgomery

No comments: