Friday, October 16, 2020

more paper towels please

 At 5:30 am this morning I cleaned up what I hope is the last of Adia’s pukes. It has been a few days of mess, starting with a giant ugly puke, then 1 full day of intense drooling, a few pukes full of grass, culminating with this morning’s 2 cups worth of grass and bile… Oh, and I can’t forget the foot and a half of gross poopy grass stuck up her butt - that was this afternoon. Hopefully you aren’t eating… she ran back to it and gobbled it down so I expect that it will make another appearance from one end or other. Dogs.


She slowly showed improvement over the last 2 days so we didn’t whisk her off to the vet but we were on the verge.


We think she ate a few boxelder beetles which according to Google can cause vomiting and nausea (drooling). We think she had a few of them and perhaps had a strong reaction. The black and red devils are all over the place this year. 


The first night she was drooling everywhere so we popped her into her crate at bedtime. Well, between her crying and howling in the livingroom and Spike whimpering and howling in sympathy on the bed with us, we thought that sleep would be elusive. I knew that she’s quiet in the crate when we are in the room so we wrestled the giant thing into the bedroom and she settled down immediately. 


Hopefully the paper towel shortage will be over soon :-/


We did get the new washing machine delivered yesterday and it’s already had 4 loads of laundry run through it. Things seem clean which is good. It does have a slightly annoying long chime - I think it plays the whole Brahms Lullaby.



I tried the CBD oil again today - my mood is okay but I can’t say I’ve been dancing through the house with bells on my toes (but then again Carm skipped golf today so there was no music to dance to) - I started with a low dose so might up it. It’s a gloomy, Eyeore sort of day which isn’t helping either.



Headlines: Ontario is still increasing cases and hospitalizations. Ottawa continues to be a hot spot. US reaches 8 million covid-19 cases. According to Trump, they are ‘rounding the curve’ and it will be all over soon...



"Inaction will cause a man to sink into the slough of despond and vanish without a trace.".

Farley Mowat

No comments: