Wednesday, October 7, 2020

here is the rainbow I've been praying for

 We are back home from a few days of socially distant camping and celebrating Kirsten’s ‘grinch’ birthday. The weather was pretty good for this time of year. 


We didn’t have a super long walk like previous ‘camps’ but we did get out for a few shorter ones, one even short enough for Spike to join us. He had a great time running with his cousins and had more energy than usual. I did have to keep a bit of an eye on him as he’d sometimes head in the direction of the camper.


I love puttering around my little villetta :-)


I was thinking the other day about how I almost feel grateful for the challenges in my life that have built resilience and strength which has given me the wherewithal to successfully live with bipolar. As I moved through the years each difficulty developed the core strength that I have that gets me through the hard days. 


The ordeal with my first horse, Frey, built skills that made me successful with our baby horses, and from there to training Spike to be a service dog. Without the nightmare of Frey I wouldn’t have been forced to learn about behaviour modification to the depth that I did.


I do wonder though - did I always have that strong core and only developed it stronger, or was it built from nothing. Could someone find it within themselves to do the same? Regardless, it is there, and I am grateful for it.



Johnny Nash died today… this is one of my favorite songs.... I think of it as sort of an anthem to recovery because I’ve seen clearly for a long time now.


I can see clearly now the rain is gone

I can see all obstacles in my way

Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind

It's gonna be a bright (bright)

Bright (bright) sunshiny day

It's gonna be a bright (bright)

Bright (bright) sunshiny day

I think I can make it now the pain is gone

All of the bad feelings have disappeared

Here is that rainbow I've been praying for

It's gonna be a bright (bright)

Bright (bright) sunshiny day

Look all around, there's nothing but blue skies

Look straight ahead, there's nothing but blue skies

I can see clearly now the rain is gone

I can see all obstacles in my way

Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind

It's gonna be a bright (bright)

Bright (bright) sunshiny day

It's gonna be a bright (bright)

Bright (bright) sunshiny day

It's gonna be a bright (bright)

Bright (bright) sunshiny day

Oh what a bright (bright)

Bright (bright) sunshiny day

Source: LyricFind

Songwriters: Johnny Nash

No comments: