Thursday, October 29, 2020

running with scissors

 I couldn’t help it… with a pair of  sharp scissors in my hand I chopped at my hair until the floor around me was littered with grey/blond hair… well, not quite, but I did snip some of the hair at the back of my head. I don’t think it’s noticeable (or at least Carm said it wasn’t) but it feels a tiny bit better.


Adia had a mani/pedi with no polish this afternoon. The grooming studio is great and makes a traumatic event easier. She was pretty good and actually took a few treats which is a first. She’s usually too scared to eat which says a lot as she is a giant chow hound. I had a few minutes when we first got there to practice some of her skills outside before they were ready for her which I think calmed her down and focused her. This summer I missed a huge opportunity to work in an environment with more distractions when we were at Kirsten’s.


I’ve had a few days to think of anything else that I might need from the camper but have been drawing a blank so took the final winterizing step and closed the slides. So that’s it until spring (except for checking for mice of course). I surreptitiously count the months to go on my fingers but the number is too big to comprehend, well, not comprehend but believe. Six months… six months… six months. It’s going to be a long winter.


But wait! It’s going to be an awesome winter and I’m going to find something great each and every day. I will play my favorite dance songs and spin around the living room in joy. I will make good food and drink nice wine. I’ll be good to my honey and run with the dogs. I’ll give Grace her favorite treats.


The actifry got a workout tonight. Sweet potato, brussels sprouts, zucchini, red pepper, red onion all roasted together then tossed with sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta, spinach and rosemary. Yum. And on the side some roasted shazam peppers. 




"Life is worth living as long as there's a laugh in it.”

~Lucy Maud Montgomery

No comments: