Tuesday, October 13, 2020

to live gratitude

 I was glad to be snug in the house this morning when my eyes finally blinked open. It was almost 10 but with the low dark clouds and light rain it could have been in the middle of the night. It had been a late night as we visited with Olaf for almost 4 hours - time flew by. It will be nice when we can finally visit in person. 


I slouched around in my pjs for ages before succumbing to the lure of my down duvet. Reading in bed seemed like the perfect way to spend an otherwise dreary day.


We did dash out to pick up some grocery boxes from a girl in the village. It was enough of an outing to make me feel like I’d done something useful. 


As I was finishing up supper preparations the sun slipped below the cloud banks and lit up our land.




“To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.”

~Johannes A. Gaertner

No comments: