Tuesday, September 1, 2020

I can see clearly now the cups are here

 While Carm took the subie in for some warrantee work I bustled around the kitchen making a double batch of bread and a big pot of black beans. Not really noteworthy but they are tasks that evoke a feeling of wellness and comfort. 


The yeasty air inspired me to blast some music and dance to the beat. Spike and Adia quickly joined the fray, eagerly keeping up with my steps for little bits of kibble. I confused Adia a few times but she’s quick to recover. I’ve got to get more clear with my signals. She was walking beside me, backing up when I backed up, but then I must have done something as she started sitting instead of backing. Sitting is the default behavior when I stop walking so it’s easy to see how she got confused. (in fact I got confused just writing it up!)


I had been out of the room for a while and when I got back Spike was curled up on the sofa - the sofa that he hasn’t gotten on for YEARS. He won’t even come up when he’s invited. Very strange.



My much anticipated Amazon order arrived this afternoon, just in time for me to do a test run with a hot coffee. On the weekend it became clear that with the ‘new’ coffee maker, our current guest cups are far too small - they were filling to the rim. Amazon to the rescue. The double walled cups hold 12 oz (to the rim - 10 oz is a comfortable fill) and since they don’t have handles will do double duty for cold drinks. Carm and I both have smallish hands which makes it a stretch to hang onto the mug, hopefully our guests have giant man hands or long piano fingers.


I’ll have to do a complete re-org and purge of the beverage cupboard on the camper. I do love a bit of organizing!


It’s the small things ;-)




“Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.”

~Lewis Carroll

No comments: