Monday, August 31, 2020

back in business

 I never thought I’d say it, but I was glad we stayed only one night at our lovely campsite… I don’t know if it was because I got a chill in my back from the walk in the rain, paired with lifting Spike into the camper (he can’t do the stairs anymore), or just a random bit of bad fortune, but my back was KILLING me. A thumb sized point in my back was being stabbed with a jagged sword, or so it seems. A hot bath at bedtime helped for a few minutes, but even with a hot pack I didn’t sleep a wink on Saturday night, and even snuck into the tub again at 2am.


I was no better on Sunday. We had to go to Canadian Tire for new muck boots which was a horror. Every turn and curve was excruciating. Even though it was warm I had my seat heater on high. We did pick up some robexect which may or may not have helped.


Imagine my delight when I woke up from a long deep sleep with no pain!


It’s a beautiful day, the last day of August with September in the air. Carm played golf and I took Adia to get her nails trimmed.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             


It would have been a nice camping day!



“Take some more tea," the March Hare said to Alice, very earnestly.

"I've had nothing yet," Alice replied in an offended tone, "so I can't take more."

"You mean you can't take less," said the Hatter: "it's very easy to take more than nothing."

~Lewis Carroll

No comments: