Tuesday, August 4, 2020

the rain to the wind said

More rain today. It seems that we might go from drought to needing an ark!


With nothing to do outside, I puttered around the house vacillating between training with Adia and reading my shockingly inane Harlequin romance… a clue to how bad it was: main character was named Wyatt, his brother was called Stetson!!! Next on my reading list, political essays about the 60s. (maybe - I might be sucked into more trash!).


Adia’s biggest success was 8 ½ minutes on her mat with no intermittent rewards AND me getting up a few times to walk around, plus make coffee. She did good!


Right in the middle of supper preparations the power went out, leaving us to rely on our generator. It stepped in right away and has handled the load so far. I used the actifry and two instant pots for supper (Korean beef with zucchini & red pepper and rice). Carm ran the dishwasher (which I wouldn’t have done). It was great to go on living our lives as normal :-)


9:36pm and the power is still off.



 Headline tonight: 4,918,420 cases with 160,290 deaths in the US. There are a total of 117,792 (117,031 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 8,958 (8,947 yesterday) deaths today.



“The rain to the wind said,

You push and I'll pelt.'

They so smote the garden bed

That the flowers actually knelt,

And lay lodged--though not dead.

I know how the flowers felt.”

~Robert Frost

No comments: