Saturday, August 22, 2020

O frabjous day

 O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! The sun was shining brightly but not blazing down on us with a million furnaces and the occasional cloud decoratively floated by. It felt like the end of August even though it was warm.


It was dog food day today so off we went for a long drive to the pickup place. We only got two bags but when November comes we’ll buy enough for the winter. There were a million people in line and due to the fact that they changed operating procedures we almost had to wait longer than the hour we had already waited...


When we got back home with our neatly packaged treasure, Carm got busy cutting grass (I think he cut every day this week except Wednesday) while I watered the deck pots and deadheaded the petunias. Not vigorous work but I was still ready for a swim when Carm was done. The water was 72F/22C but we still lingered for longer than a nanosecond. And actually, by the end of the day I’d been in 3 times!



I did get busy with a bucket, cloth, and paper towels in the camper, tackling the nooks and crannies that have collected cobwebs and insects. The villetta isn’t ready to go but it needed this work regardless. Music blared and I sang at the top of my lungs. The joys of rural living :-0 Adia was surprised that this madness happens everywhere.



 Headline tonight: 5,838,406 cases with 180,136 deaths in the US. There are a total of 124,629 (124,372 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 9,071 (9,064 yesterday) deaths today.



“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

~Lewis Carroll

No comments: