Tuesday, August 11, 2020

lets do the dishes

 It was a brutally hot day with the humidex reaching 40C/104F… not the greatest day to complete the satellite installation but our appointment was for this morning. After the Shaw guy left Carm and I got busy burying the cables that snaked from the house out to the newly installed post. It was hot work, but with Adia’s help we got it done!


Thankfully the trench didn’t take us through the red beetle area as I feel quite certain that I would not have been on my knees scooping infested soil!



Oh the ecstasy of jumping into a cool pool after peeling off a sweat drenched pair of jeans - is there any better feeling? From an early morning mid-flash swim to a sweaty after work dunk, and finally a cool dip after a big bowl of boiling soup (what sort of dippy person makes soup on one of the hottest days of the year?) the pool was well used.


After we were refreshed we took refuge in the house - the a/c wasn’t set very cool, but anything was better than outside! Aside from Carm’s expedition to Costco the rest of the day was filled with quiet puttering and reading. Too much political reading, but I did resist getting roiled into insane discussions (and man oh man there are lots of crazy people). I’d like to ask some of them what would be in it for Bill Gates to insert microchips in all of us? And seriously, a ‘plandemic’? How could someone arrange for the whole world to cooperate in such a widespread ruse.



And then the tv droned on and on about Biden’s choice for vice-president. Interesting for 15 minutes, then, as is usually the case on an all-news station, it was just repetitive.



 Headline tonight: 5,303,984 cases with 167,562 deaths in the US. There are a total of 120,421 (119,744 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 8,991 (8,982 yesterday) deaths today.



“I don't want to be married just to be married. I can't think of anything lonelier than spending the rest of my life with someone I can't talk to, or worse, someone I can't be silent with.”

~Mary Ann Shaffer

No comments: