Friday, August 14, 2020

glitter

 There’s a cricket in the house somewhere and it’s driving me crazy! The endless chirp chirp chirp niggles at the back of my brain in a most unpleasant way. I can’t imagine how it got inside, maybe the same way all the pesky mice have been sneaking in.


It’s friday again. One hundred and fifty two days since we’ve taken the most basic things for granted. One hundred and fifty two days since walking into a store was no big deal; since road conditions were the only thing stopping us from having friends over...


Nothing notable has happened in the last few days. A trip to Shoppers Drug Mart was a short distraction yesterday and today we went to Home Hardware for a tiny tiny nail. They weren’t particularly enjoyable trips as we are so focused on the one thing that we want so don’t linger and browse. 


I bought a few makeup things at SDM - it’s ironic that I’d start wearing makeup when there’s nowhere to go and no one to see. But it passes the time and Carm seems to appreciate the glitter on my eyelids. Speaking of which, yesterday I got some glitter eyeliner which I totally love - if you know me well you’ll know that I go for the bling!


The other night - in the middle of the night - cause what else is there to think of - I thought of an ancient pair of shoes that I loved. They were low comfortable flats encrusted with beads. What’s not to love. I wondered if I still had them and if so, would they fit? This afternoon I took a look and found them exactly where I thought they’d be (miracle) and managed to squeeze my feet into them (think Cinderella’s step-sisters). They crammed in but would I be able to endure the pain. I think not. Is there any hope that my feet will shrink? Perhaps I’ll get online and look for a replacement.




 Headline tonight: 5,475,732 cases with 171,513 deaths in the US. There are a total of 121,568 (120,844 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 9,020 (9,006 yesterday) deaths today.



“The sun rises every day. What is to love? Lock the sun in a box. Force the sun to overcome adversity in order to rise. Then we will cheer! I will often admire beautiful sunrise, but I will never consider the sun a champion for having risen.”

~Garth Stein

No comments: