Sunday, August 23, 2020

the wheels on the bus

When the wheels on the car go round and round they wisk us to Kirsten’s in no time at all (well, almost no time). Carm wanted a relook of our potential camping spot so I invited us over today not expecting lunch but gobbling it up happily. 


Spike rattled around the back of the station wagon until we arrived, luckily Adia settled down quickly. When we have Spike outside of his normal environment I cannot delude myself - he’s getting older and slightly dementia’d. It’s clear he feels a lot of stress being away from home so I might try a light dose of trazodone. Every time he crashes and falls a little piece of me grieves.


Adia had some good practice with mat but I think I expected a bit too much of her and should have released her every so often for a walk around and then re-settle. I do want her to stay for long periods but she’s just not there yet. At one point I had her out of the fenced deck and she just headed away and wouldn’t listen at all - she was done. I managed to catch her so we could start over. 


She can be really good, but has a tremendously hard head if she doesn’t want to listen :-(


We watched some pretty sad stories on CNN tonight about people in food bank lines and losing their homes. It was heart-wrenching. I am so incredibly lucky - I sometimes get a feeling of doom that my luck might soon run out and get a pit in my stomach and then cast my eye on the weather radar as there’s been a tornado warning... 


I think I’ve got a bit of beluga whale in my blood as I’m still doing my morning swims even though it was barely 72F this morning! I likely look a bit belugaish too with my shocking white skin.



 Headline tonight: 5,874,146 cases with 180,604 deaths in the US. There are a total of 124,896 (124,629 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 9,073 (9,071 yesterday) deaths today.



“She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it).”

~Lewis Carroll

No comments: