Thursday, August 27, 2020

herculean effort

 With the water down to 20C there was no swimming this morning or at all! Will we get more summer weather or will this be the end for 2020.


It was a momentous day with a herculean effort by Carm. He slid the massive hitch across the garage floor till it was in position to hoist it onto the back of the truck. I was on one side, Carm on the other, but alas, I couldn’t lift it high enough. It was too heavy to use just my muscles - I had to use my skeleton to brace it and I was too short, I didn’t measure up. So that left it up to Carm to do the massive job. Weighing in at around 80lbs it was no mean feat! My hero.❤ 



After the hitch was safely installed he got to work getting the tires on the truck and trailer up to spec. Will we be going somewhere soon? Time and the weather will tell.



Tomorrow morning Spike has an appointment with the vet and I have a few things to talk to her about - maybe there will be something they can do for him. I’m not exactly sure what his problems are but suspect that his eyesight is failing and he seems to have arthritis in his hips. Oh and a bit of dementia. But he’s been in a good mood and is quite perky most of the time. My little sweetie ❤


Dorothy commented yesterday asking if I knew that we have a charmed life and my immediate answer was YES! I count my blessings and thank my lucky stars daily. I might just touch wood sometimes too ;-)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              



“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

~Lewis Carroll


from Trudie’s garden


No comments: