Tuesday, January 26, 2021

a calm pure harmony and music

 I wished I had realized that yesterday was Robbie Burns day as I would have cooked up a Scottish meal, not haggis as I had no sheep innards, but maybe a hunk of meat with some mashed potatoes and turnip. Alas, we had to resort to an ancient bottle of scotch from the back of the cupboard. They say that it won’t age in the bottle but we were darn sure this one had as it was so smooth.



It’s been a lazy few days with nothing happening of note. I got out on the snowshoes on Sunday with Adia. She managed much better wearing a coat. We did our usual virtual visiting. I cooked the normal sorts of things. 



I’ve barely gotten out of my pjs and off the sofa for the last few days - what’s the point? I haven’t been feeling depressed or discouraged, just blah. So this afternoon I gave myself a shake and said ‘just do it!’ and got up, put my headphones on, and grabbed the vacuum. Belting out ‘Saturday Night’ while I zoomed around the house put some zing in my wing.


Does this mean I’ll get out of my pjs earlier tomorrow? Probably not!


Oh! Today is the exact half-way point between our last day camping at Kirsten’s and May 1st, the day we could conceivably be back in the camper. Also, maybe by May 1st we’ll be able to have socially distant laneway visits which would break the loneliness of isolation. When will we have our vaccines? When will we be able to have celebrations inside the house with food and drink  and jocularity? The news tonight suggested that this might not happen before September. 😣


It’s snowing again.



The number of covid-19 cases worldwide has reached 101 million with 2.165 millon deaths. 



“This is my ambition, which is founded less on anger than on love, founded more on serenity than on passion. It is true that I am often in the greatest misery, but still there is within me a calm, pure harmony and music. In the poorest huts, in the dirtiest corner, I see drawings and pictures. And with irresistible force my mind is drawn towards these things. Believe me that sometimes I laugh heartily because people suspect me of all kinds of malignity and absurdity, of which not a hair of my head is guilty — I, who am really no one but a friend of nature, of study, of work, and especially of people.”

~Vincent Van Gogh

No comments: