Friday, January 22, 2021

hidden warranties

 There is barely a demarcation between snow and sky: greyish white is the only colour to be seen aside from the black outline of trees. It will soon be time to turn on our coloured Christmas lights. Yes, we still turn them on to brighten the long nights, for us and for passers-by. 


I’m sure I mentioned the other day that our 8qt instant pot died a spectacular death… Carm immediately put in a trouble ticket with the company along with the requisite photos. We hadn’t heard anything back yet so today Carm called. In less time than it takes to make a return at Giant Tiger, an order was entered into the system for a replacement pot… under warranty! We bought the broken one in September 2017 so it was well out of the written warranty but I guess they were feeling kindly towards us today.


I told myself that I’d write 3 things that I’m grateful for or find pleasure in today. So hummm, what have I done or seen today that is an idle pleasure? Well, I cleaned the countertops in the kitchen, tidying, decluttering, and rearranging as I went - the results brought a little smile to my face. I ‘puffed up’ Spike’s head and took the scissors to it so now his hair isn’t lying flat on this head and looks a little perkier. I dug out my ‘you can never be too pink’ t-shirt which is a bright bit of colour in an otherwise grey day. And one more for good luck - the ring of an incoming video call :-) What are your pleasures?


I’ll try to remember tomorrow to pay better attention to the little bits of joy in my day.



“I don't know, I don't want to talk as much. (...) It's nicer to think dear, pretty thoughts and keep them in one's heart, like treasures. I don't like to have them laughed at or wondered over.”

L.M. Montgomery

No comments: