Saturday, January 23, 2021

flaming fudgie-o

 The sun is shining brightly today and as it moves to the west the filth of the window is highlighted in a spectacular way! I’m not focusing on that though, instead I’m finding joy in the way the sun reflects off Spikes fur, making him seem like a golden orb. Adia’s fur has more of a coppery sheen.



You may be wondering what the heck this is a photo of. Well, it’s a Fudgie-O cookie not burning in a hot campfire. Not burning? We were at Presqu'ile for the first time and since Mom & Dad & Olaf were visiting we enjoyed a crackling fire. I don’t remember who decided to put the cookie in the fire, I imagine it had fallen on the ground, but by gosh the darn thing never burned up! It retained its shape for absolutely ages and may actually have been there the next morning (who can remember, it was 2007). Olaf and I were talking about it the other day but I couldn’t find the digital photo - it was NOT in the directory that it should have been in - I looked at almost every photo I’ve taken since 2001. Today, in a flash of weird memory I recalled that it might be in the printed album that I made of our first year camping… and there it was.


I got outside on the snowshoes this afternoon - it was too cold for Adia so my walk was cut short when she started 3-legged walking, but I still enjoyed 15 minutes of fresh air. I had to re-break my trail as it had been filled with snow the other day and took great pleasure stepping with a swish into the fluffy snow. Adia trailed behind me at the beginning and then with a mighty effort she leapt through the deep snow, overtaking me in a flash. 



Later, stepping into the livingroom with my face plastered with an orange hued turmeric facemask, Carm commented that I looked like Trump. Well, so I did! I had a laugh and took a photo. I love the feeling of the paste drying and tightening on my face, imagining all of it’s goodness passing through to my skin. You can guess what sort of lazy day I’m having!



“That night Anne knelt sweetly by her open window in a great sheen of moonshine and murmured a prayer of gratitude and aspiration that came straight from her heart. There was in it thankfulness for the past and reverent petition for the future; and when she slept on her white pillow her dreams were as fair and bright and beautiful as maidenhood might desire.”

~Lucy Maud Montgomery

No comments: