Monday, January 18, 2021

the only thing blue is the sky

 A billion tiny suns sparkled in the white expanse of the hay field, our sun fueling the fire. Snowshoes were strapped to my feet for my first outing of the winter - I didn’t get very far but it was glorious - it was a toss up as to whether it was the landscape or the exertion that took my breath away! Adia bounded around me, snuffling in the deep snow looking for something that didn’t seem to exist, but it was the fun of the hunt that kept her happy.



The only thing that was blue on this annual ‘Blue Monday’ was the sky. No sadness here thank goodness :-)


Carm made up an excuse to go into town to Fresh Co so we’d get out for a drive on this rare sunny day. The roads were bare with not much traffic (although a surprising number of vehicles considering we are on a stay-at-home period). Carm did the shopping while I stayed in the car - he’s focused and fast, not as easily distracted as I am.


Yesterday we did more snow removal - Carm had to snowblow again and I tackled the back deck, again… At that point the snow was not a wondrous beauty but a heavy burden!



I was reading through a recipe group and kept seeing questions about things that should be common sense or at least easy to figure out with a few google searches, without having to ask a forum - has the internet shut down people’s brains? Can people no longer think for themselves? Maybe I’m being critical because I’ve had so many years to build an encyclopedia of knowledge. Maybe 20 years ago I’d be asking the obvious too?


I made a terrible discovery today… jalapeno poppers are ridiculously easy to make from scratch and cook in only 14 minutes in the actifry. 




"When your friends are gone and you only can look at pictures, then remember, that times and people change but that memories stay forever.”

~C.M.

No comments: