Wednesday, January 6, 2021

insurrection

 I was going to write something uplifting today and I suppose in the end I might, but right now I am overwhelmed with anxiety about what is going on in the USA today. Trump supporters are storming the Capital building, stopping the count of votes that is the final step in confirming this election. Hoards of people are jammed on all the stairs and balconies on the front of the building. They’ve breached security and are inside the chambers causing everyone to be evacuated… now people are breaking more windows and are climbing inside.


WHAT THE HELL!


Okay, and I’m a bit stressed about my latest buy - a little sequin dress that has turned out to be quite huge - I basically drown in it. And it’s much longer than I thought, but thinking about it, the model was probably a fashionable 5’10 to my hobbit sized 5’2… Do I keep it? It will be fine for virtual dressups… oh bother. And in the time of covid lockdown…


The day started off dull but now the sun is shining in my eyes in the most wonderful way! It’s warm too - just below freezing. 


Carm braved the crowds at Costco today although he said it was reasonably empty. When he got home I rushed over to the door to help unload and then yank screech argh my neck and shoulders were frozen with a mighty crick. I could barely move for ½ the morning and even now, one side is in pain. How does this happen? Is it a sign of age?


With all the worries today, I put good nutrition to the wind and got Carm to order pizza. He was thrilled (is my cooking that bad?), not even minding that it meant a trip out to the village in the dark.


Oh, I keep meaning to say - Spike is consistently using the ramp to get onto the bed, even when I’m not there to guide him. So he’s not totally addled.



"I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.”

~C. JoyBell C.

No comments: