Thursday, September 15, 2022

eggs-actly

 I thought for sure that last night’s late night dip was the end of the season but insanity clouded my mind so I jumped in with Carm this afternoon. It was a crisp 66F/19C. I only did one lap but I was refreshed :-) Oh yeah… refreshed is one word to describe the chill that followed.


The icy dip was a cleansing break after spending the day in the kitchen. Three batches of egg bites, a batch of cookies, and a bunch of Thai basil stripped and bagged kept me busy until 3pm. When it came time to make the cookies I realized that dooh! all the eggs in the house went into those egg bites leaving me with nothing. Luckily Carm ran to the grocery store for another dozen (thanks honey).


I’m pretty much prepared now for a weekend of celebration - clothes are picked out (sequins for Sunday brunch because why not!), most of the food is made, presents are in order :-) It’s not just my birthday - Olaf rolled over a number today (happy birthday little brother!) and there’s Shenna’s accomplishment to toast.


We watched an old ‘Thunderbirds’ movie last night - very funny. Remember the dorky puppets whose legs don’t move and only the lower lip of their lips move while they are talking. Human hands stand in for puppet hands as required. ha ha ha. I suppose this would have been high tech back in the day.


After a day in the kitchen I was thrilled to get an invitation to Trudie’s for a bowl of soup and homemade sourdough bread. That’s an enthusiastic YES.



Awesome!


“another last swim”

“gorgeous 17C September day with blazing blue sky”

No comments: