Tuesday, September 13, 2022

swimming between the raindrops

After a day of putzing around the house and a trip to the vet for a jab for Adia and a productive stop at liquidation, we arrived home to a spectacular rainbow. I stripped down and dashed out the door for perhaps the last swim of the season. Swimming between the raindrops with the sun shining on me from low in the west was awesome and if that’s the last swim of 2022 I won’t complain (too bitterly!).


(update 8pm… dark and rainy… just out of the pool again… so it wasn’t the last but was maybe the best)


Today I told Carm that if I were in charge of the Ukraine I’d securely fence off some destroyed apartment buildings and put all the Russian soldier prisoners there. I want them to live the way they’ve made the Ukranians live. They are bastards in the worst sense of the word.


It’s the 3rd day on a lower dose of lithium and everything seems fine so far. Taking into consideration the half life, my blood levels have probably stabilised at the new dose. I think I’m feeling fine but I’m experiencing a weird cross between anxiety and excitement. Not mania. So far. I think. My theory is that after being basically sedated for 18 years I no longer recognize what might be considered normal. And maybe after all these years I am feeling a normal anticipation for the upcoming weekend? 


I suppose I should expect some sort of change.


Maybe I’m overanalyzing! I’ve done that once or twice in my life! I am used to being aware of the blips and bloops…



This afternoon I remembered the names of a few people that we only met once several years ago! All those years ago when I first started taking meds I used to rail against the loss of memory but now I’m thinking my brain is recovering! I hope, I wish…




Awesome!


“swimming between the raindrops and under the arc of a rainbow”

“Lupa learning to spin right with a giant leap”

“finding bags of dog/cat treats for half price”

“8pm snuggled under a blanket after a quick dip”


No comments: