Wednesday, September 7, 2022

route 66


It’s an on again off again sunny September day with the temps getting up to 23C… nice but was it nice enough for a quick dip in the pool? Apparently the answer is yes, even though the water is a cold 18C (which translates to a frigid 66F)! I went in for half a lap around the edge but feel that next time (since I didn’t actually die), I’ll try for a full lap or maybe even two!


It may have left me feeling sick to my stomach or else it was something I ate.


I’ve been remiss in dog training this summer so while I was cooking a few pounds of bacon we practiced ‘out of the kitchen’ which involves, yes, going out of the kitchen, with the added step of lying down on the carpet just out the door. Adia knows this well but Lupa has never been taught. I noticed that at the beginning she’d watch to see what Adia would do and copy her. Soon she knew what to do on her own but I don’t expect her to remember later today. We’ll do more practice to solidify that behaviour :-)


Late in the afternoon the sky cleared but by that time the sun was off the deck so no more ‘swimming’! It was, however perfect for reading on the deck.



Awesome!


“surviving a dip in the 66F water”



No comments: