Thursday, September 8, 2022

God save the Queen

 It’s the end of an era with the passing of Queen Elizabeth today… she seemed invincible, immortal even, but alas, there is no cheating death even for the royal.


Almost 2 months to the day I turned into the barber shop parking lot, this time with cash in hand (no driving back to the house for dollar bills). It’s a walk-in shop but I only had to wait a few minutes for Pamela and again she did a great job on my hair. 



This afternoon there are only a few decorative clouds floating in the sky and the air was warm. A bit of fall was in the air though… I can see it in the trees which have a golden tinge to them. I saw some maples that were starting to turn red on my way to the hairdressers. Thankfully, we are blessed with a few more days of summer.


I was in the pool by noon but only for 1 ½ circuits as I couldn’t actually feel my skin as it was so cold. Being in for such a short time doesn’t make me shiver but it does take a few minutes to feel normal again. It was warm enough (outside the water), for 2 more dips through the day. By the end of the day the water clocked in at 69F.



Lupa actually remembered yesterday’s lesson… well, sort of remembered. She needed a bit of help at first. She’s got a quick lie down which is cute.


They (whoever they is), have been working on rebuilding the bridge that abuts our property all summer so we are used to construction sounds but it will be nice when the dust settles. At times the racket even drowns out my blasting music. Boo hoo!



Awesome!


“surviving a dip in the 66F water (again!)”

“I was next in line at the barbers so didn’t have to wait long”

“a quick drop on down”

“purple asters”

“stretching out on the patio furniture with music playing”


No comments: