Thursday, November 10, 2022

autumn continues

 I’ve decided that a visit to the dentist for a cleaning is an awesome thing to do… especially when the hygienist says she thought I was in my 40s!!! 


Today was a ‘run around in the city’ type of day starting with said dentist appointment. Costco was our next stop. I normally don’t go in but today I dragged Carm up and down the grocery aisles to see what they have. So many treasures… mostly left on the shelves. I did get some roasted beef broth paste and a zipped sweatshirt lined with fleece that could not be passed by. I love soft things. Carm is probably sick of hearing how soft and cosy things are!



The last stop was Shoppers Drug mart for anti-nausea meds… fingers crossed that we won’t need it so it will age out. I think I’ve got everything for our trip now, except snacks for the plane. Bags of pretzels and chocolate bars will give me something to nibble on as we jet to FLL.



Pat was here for supper Tuesday night. I made a pork sirloin roast which I have never had much luck with but this time it turned out amazing. I made a dry rub with kosher salt, baking powder, rosemary, sage, parsley, and a ton of garlic. It sat in the fridge for a few days which gave lots of time for the meat to be flavoured. I cooked it in the instant pot for 15 minutes and with a natural release. It was just past being pink and full of juices.


When we moved from the table to the sofa, Pat had hardly sat down when Lupa was in her lap for some cuddles. I think the dogs will be okay without us :-) Although the pups horsing around might drive Pat crazy…



Monday night we had a lovely supper at Trudie & Leo’s, followed by a quick chat with Olaf. So much to squeeze into one day! We met up with Olaf & Stephanie again last night for a longer visit. I’d say I don’t know what we find to talk about but we always seem to have some silliness to laugh over.


We finished the last episode of season 2 ‘Only Murders in the Building’. We made the mistake of watching an episode right before bed which made falling asleep nearly impossible as I searched for clues, so yesterday afternoon we closed the blinds and finished the last 3 shows. SO SO good!



I’ve stopped taking CBD to help my body adjust before we leave and gosh, I remember why I started it as I’ve been having non-stop hot flashes… It’s totally ridiculous - I’m either sweating or freezing (hence the fluffy sweatshirt!).



The weather continues to be incredible with a high of 18C today! It’s November 10th! Tomorrow will be Carm’s last golf game but wow, what a fall. With mild weather we stretched out our winter preparations but I think we are ready now (except for the lawnmower to be winterized).



Awesome!


“more warm November days!”

“someone thinking I’m in my 40s”

“new leopard print pants! 🤪 

“looking at an amazing sunset while I’m writing this”


No comments: