Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Settling in

 It doesn’t take long for the glow of vacation to fade when the trip home is over 12 hours from getting up to getting here… not to mention the horrible return to cold (but not snow!) and dark. This morning is as gloomy as the weather could get with a bit of icy rain and heavy dark clouds.



Three giant piles of laundry are ready for the washing machine, almost all the detrus from the trip is cleared off the table, although the big black suitcase is still a jumble of all the non-clothes stuff we brought… 


We had a grand welcome home, starting with the pretty lights left on outside to greet us and then an exuberant greeting from all the pets. Pat had cleaned the house and left a few little lights on - it was a welcoming scene. 


Before the glow fully fades I’ll step back into time for a summary. Both Carm and I had a wonderful time! Kirsten and Shawn were the perfect travel companions - they made the trip awesome!!! I was sick for almost the whole time (not covid - tested a few times), but with them there it made everything okay, although there were lots of times that I was a party pooper and ducked out of the fun early. 


We had some fun excursions, the pinnacle on Bonaire with a sailing trip on a Chinese Junk and snorkelling. The water was crystal clear and the beach white sugar sand. The experience was a trip back into the carefree summers of my teen years where I too scrambled around the sailboat like some sort of lightly tanned monkey. 


Kirsten and I watched hours of ‘Love Boat’, sometimes together, sometimes apart. The show is a cheesy look back at the late 70s - so funny at times.



Because I was sick with nausea and a bit of a cold, I didn’t partake in as much food and drink as I should have, so only gained ½ pound which in my mind is a huge waste of opportunity!



Awesome!


“An awesome trip with an equally awesome sister and brother-in-law”

“the pepper boy”

“little grey dog cuddled up against my legs”

“getting home”


No comments: