Monday, November 21, 2022

Monday November 21 Sea Day

 Monday November 21 Sea Day


I slid open the door to our huge balcony only to be blasted with high winds and spray from the slightly rough seas. We chose the wrong side of the ship! It was sunny though so no real complaints ;-)


Carm went off to run leaving me time to get showered and ready for a day at sea. I met up with Kirsten to go down to the fifth floor to the IC (international cafe) for a latte and almond croissant, I added a green smoothie to my plate just so I could consider it a healthy breakfast (ha ha). Then we climbed the stairs to the summit of the ship, all 12 (yes that’s TWELVE) flights of stairs so that we could walk on the walking track for a MILE. The wind almost blew us off at times - I grabbed the railing and Kirsten’s hand to keep her from flying off the side of the ship.



After all that walking we were tired and thirsty so of course had to indulge in a mimosa! We sat in the shade for a while then used the app to find Carm. He wasn’t far away so we tracked him down - I knew he’d not be lonely for us and sure enough, found him chatting with a lovely couple from Scotland. Kirsten and I joined them for a while but coffee was calling so we walked all 11 flights downstairs to the IC for a nice coffee to bring to our rooms. That meant walking up another 3 flights of stairs…


That black dot is Kirsten!


It was time for some quiet time in our rooms.


It Is perhaps a bit shocking but by 2pm I was starving so we met up with Kirsten and Shawn at the little pizzaria place for some (surprise) pizza for the guys. Kirsten and I had eggplant rolled with angel hair pasta. Then Shawn and I shared a calzone which had tons of red onions but was surprisingly tasty.


It was time for some quiet time in our rooms…


Tonight was formal night so we gussied up in all our finery and me in my sausage outfit for another late dinner in the dining room. First we met up in the jazz lounge for gin & tonics. A very civilized start to the evening.


We met up later for lunch then parted ways again for a bit more quiet time! Carm and Shawn did some saffire shopping.


A text from Kirsten alerted me to the time… I was lost in a book but it was almost time to go to supper… I've never gotten ready so fast! It was formal night and the bling came out of the bag! 



In the line to get into the dining room Carm heard his name as the couple ahead of us turned around! She knew Carm from work!


Supper was a long affair but we managed to pass the time! Duck pate then beef tenderloin stuffed my belly… no room for my own dessert but I did sneak a few bites of everyone else's! 



We were finished in time to catch the late show… it was good but could have been more up beat - I didn't fall asleep but was ready for bed, but not before an episode of the Love Boat!


Carm and Shawn are out like night owls - Kirsten and I are not night owls…


Ship life 1/covid 0



Awesome


“my lovely sister”

“walking in the crazy wind”

“a mimosa in the shade”

“a cheerful Shawn when we brought him tea and treats in his room”

“our windy balcony which dried off in the afternoon”


No comments: