Sunday, November 20, 2022

Sunday November 20 Princess Cays

 Sunday November 20 Princess Cays


First stop: Princess Cays in the Bahamas. The beach!


The weather was sunny and hot, the perfect day for a day at the beach. But first things first - breakfast! I was more than slightly disappointed that there was no lox, but I did find another type of smoked salmon and of course there was the bacon ;-)



After a leisurely breakfast we had better coffee and then boarded the shuttle to the island. It was crowded but we lucked into 4 chairs in the shade but we didn't linger there, the ocean was calling us! Oh, the water. Thoughts of snow were just faint flickers in the back of my mind!


I'm not sure how long we stayed in the water… I was pruned by the time we emerged. Fruit and umbrella drinks fortified us for the hard work of relaxing in the dappled shade!



Later in the afternoon we parted ways with Kirsten and Shawn for a while - we went back to the ship (after standing in a super long queue) while they wandered up and down the beach. Back in the room I had a little rest/nap then got ready for supper for 7. Carm and I went down to the piazza a bit early for a predinner drink - Kirsten and Shawn joined us in time to go into the dining room for another amazing supper.



The service was amazing so we made it into the theatre in time to get some prime seats for the production show ‘Rock Opera’. The show was fantastic with some really great singers and dancers… but I was so tired that despite the loud music I almost fell asleep in my chair! After the show we went to a bar for a cranberry and soda, then it was time for me to go to bed (it was almost 11pm), while Shawn and Carm went looking for the football game - they were too late and had trouble finding a place to find a beer.



I slept like a log - if I could bundle up the whole bed, mattress and all, into my suitcase I’d bring it home!


Awesome


beautiful blue waters”

“bobbing in the warm sea”

“smiling waiter in the dining room”

“Bonnie Tyler’s ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart”

“Sound of Silence”

“everything else!”

No comments: