Wednesday, November 16, 2022

spinning in one spot

 First real snow this morning. I had to drag Adia out of the house and encourage Lupa to venture out under her own steam. It took them a minute or two to walk like 4 legged beasts but soon they were zooming around. It was immediately apparent that Lupa was going to have to lose her lovely leg furnishing as they quickly became giant balls of snow. Poor wee thing looks like she has stilts for legs now!


Like a knight in shining armour, Carm exceeded husbandly duties and drove me to my pedicure appointment today so I wouldn’t have to walk/drive in the newly fallen snow in my flip flops. 


I spent a ‘certain’ amount of time today looking for the hair styling powder that I was sure that I’d seen and decided not to pack… well, it seems I did pack it, not only in one of the myriad of ziplock bags containing all manner of stuff, but also into my carryon which was already zipped closed. I found it tonight when I went searching for ANOTHER thing that I’d already packed! 🤪 Oh boy, talk about spinning in one spot just getting dizzy and not advancing a single inch.



Almost every morning I ask Carm what he wants for supper tonight to which he always answers ‘I don’t know’... well thanks for your input! I got away from the habit of menu planning a week ahead but when we get back I’ll start again as it takes some of the angst away from the day. I’ve been in a rut with cooking, the same things are on infinite repeat; time to go back into my notes for ideas.



We ventured out of the house for a little shopping Monday so I could try out the new N95 masks. It’s tight so no air puffs out under my glasses fogging them up. They do leave a mark on my face, but I can live with that.


Saturday we had Pat, Trudie, and Leo over for supper - just exploded eggrolls, but what the heck! I wasn’t in the greatest of moods - partly from feeling slightly stressed out about Covid and also I’d been super nauseous all day, keeping a bucket nearby just in case… We did get the tires changed - winter here we come!



Speaking of winter, we remembered to put winter gear into the car BEFORE leaving on our trip and coming home to a snow covered car…


Monday was my first night trying to sleep without a bedtime helper… not great. Took emergency meds which helped. I thought I would try to go to bed later this week in prep for a busy trip, but alas, I’m also getting up earlier - bookending a shorter night asleep in bipolar world is a big NO. I ended up in bed at 6:30 last night. We have to be out of the house at 3:15 AM on Friday so I’m going to be a wreck by the time we get on the ship. I hope I can sleep on the plane.


Obviously the photos were taken a few days ago! I should have gotten my camera out for some snowbunny pictures.



Awesome!


“sunny day”

“Lupa running in the tall grass, disappearing except when she pops up to see where we are”

“scale down another pound… side effect of days of nausea I guess”

“finding a navy blue puffer coat at liquidation - I’ve been wanting a blue one for ages and this one is xxl so easily fits over my flannel shirts”

“seeing the indents on my tummy that have lost fat”

“stocking up on gum for the airplane”

“little grey dog cuddled up against my legs”


No comments: