Friday, February 3, 2023

polar vortex

Winter clawed and howled at the house last night as the Polar Vortex descended upon us. Trees thrashed at the snow dancing among their branches… yes, it was winter and he was trying to beat its way into the house… Even this afternoon windchill temps dipped down to -43 with each gust of wind… not fit for man or beast. (MINUS 43!!!!)


Carm was first out with the dogs this morning… we both bundled up to take them out later… brrr! No snowshoes for us today :-0  Poor Carm had to snowblow the end of the laneway though - luckily a small job that only took 15 minutes.


I did get out of my pyjamas… barely! Fluffy fleece bottoms (officially pjs but since I never wear them in bed I call them lounge pants), with wool socks and a warm flannel shirt kept me (mostly) warm all day. Although now that the sun is down my feet and hands are freezing! A giant bowl of  hot drunken noodles warmed our tummies at supper :-) (it’s so yummy we could eat it until we burst!)


I’ve been struggling with my bluetooth headphones - for some reason they are no longer playing nicely with my phone (ever since that last OS upgrade) - so I unearthed an ancient samsung tab A tablet that I stripped every app and notification from except Amazon music. There were still a few glitches when a notification from my phone or tablet tried to grab the headphones… so now, only the tab A is paired with my headphones and it seems to be working better… strangely, this only started happening a few weeks ago…



Awesome!


“the sheer brutality of -30C temps”

“drunken noodles are always awesome!”

“steamy bubble bath”

“getting to my coffee when it’s the perfect temperature”

No comments: