Thursday, February 16, 2023

the quality of your thoughts

 I knew that ‘talking’ to you guys would put me back on the right track :-) Today has been good!


It’s still above freezing - the laneway is almost clear and the snowbanks are reducing. We are expected to get freezing rain and snow overnight so we’ll see what tomorrow brings weather wise. My fingers are crossed that there will be a nice fluffy layer to the now crusted snow. I want to get the dogs out for a run!


Lupa and I have been practicing ‘mat’ - usually Adia is locked in her crate for these training sessions, but today just for fun, I left the mat on the floor after I let Adia loose. I asked Lupa to ‘mat’ and wouldn’t you know it, Adia walked right over to it and laid down! She’s a superstar.


I was a bit bored today so whipped up a pile of cardamom buns… unfortunately I got distracted while I was measuring ingredients and FORGOT to add the sugar! I remembered after the dough was mostly kneaded… I tossed it into the bowl and kneaded some more… and waited with bated breath for them to be baked. Well! Luckily! They turned out great!


Lupa got a bath this afternoon in preparation for tomorrow’s hair cut. She’s a shaggy dog right now and it’s starting to bug me - we should have gotten a short hair dog! She was like a maniac afterwards, running all over the house.


Pat came for supper tonight after her day at the ski hill. She didn’t run into the house but rather hobbled in like a lady who lost a battle with the hill. 


As much as I feel like hibernating away from everyone, I also feel the need to be social :-)  It’s a mix that works well through the winter cause I’m not stressing about being stuck at home but still get little bursts of company.



Awesome!


“crazy dog running around the house (until the furniture started flying!)”

“soft cardamom buns”

“another good day”


“The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.”


Marcus Aurelius

No comments: