Sunday, February 26, 2023

so many videos

 The week has flown by… the winter is flying by… but to tell the truth, I’m done with winter! Another storm, more snow, some freezing rain, above freezing temps, below freezing temps, more snow, all thrown at us in less than a week. We’ve had a few sunny, but cold, days which were a blessing.



It’s been a bit busy too - Friday we did a whole body clip on Lupa - she looks a bit like a dork and she has a few strange discoloured spots with black outlines. Saturday Trudie & Leo came by for a supper of ‘sausages & peppers’. Sunday afternoon we had a family lunch at Mom & Dad’s. Mom made Christmas morning wife saver and I brought a burnt sugar cake so there were lots of carbs for everyone! The whole family was there except Juliette, plus we had an extra: Shenna’s friend Kelli, from NZ, who is taking a semester at Queens.


Kirsten and the girls were staying the night so I joined in. We had lots of laughs!


Carm picked me up Monday late morning - I was exhausted so basically just chilled for the afternoon before going to Trudie & Leo’s for supper. Aside from a trip to the hairdressers (the worst haircut ever!) on Wednesday, I spent the rest of the week watching dog training videos. I signed up for a 4 day ‘summit’ which included videos from multiple trainers every day. I’m not sure how much I retained but there was lots to learn and maybe it will motivate me to do more with both dogs. And hopefully gave me a few more tools to work on Lupa with her reactivity towards other dogs.



I’ve done very little cooking this week, relying on leftovers and takeout for our suppers. I did try a recipe for Thai chicken noodle soup that was a bit of a bust - not enough Thai spices, nor enough noodles, plus my mushrooms were a bit old… I’ll have to zuzz up the leftovers with more curry paste and another handful of rice noodles.


Grace scared us with a little bout with something last week but is now fully recovered and eating up a storm.


Today would have been a lovely snowshoe day as there’s some fresh powder down, but I’m a bit bletch and felt vaguely nauseous at times which sapped all my energy. I did get it together enough to make the ‘biga’ for tomorrow’s focaccia which will hopefully be ready in time for lunch at 1:30! 


The weekend was capped off by a fun sibling chat! Yay for technology :-)



Awesome!


“birthday party with the family”

“getting home after a night away”

“Lupa staying on the mat when I rang the doorbell!”

“a bit of sunshine in the afternoon”

No comments: