Thursday, March 18, 2021

eating my way to my Irish roots

 I’m resting my legs today after all the jigs I did yesterday in honour of St. Patrick's Day. Yes, some dancing in anticipation of corned beef dinner. I had to dig deep for some green in my wardrobe and only came up with the green crinoline I wore under my wedding dress and a t-shirt that was more blue than green. I should have gotten a crazy hat or some other kitschy thing from the dollar store.


Any reason to celebrate.


I was a bit worried though… that feeling of electricity was in my veins, voltage that usually means a tip into hypo-mania, an out of control state that ends in depression. So as I skipped down the hallway and pirouetted in the kitchen, part of me was keeping watch. After lunch I decided on an experiment: THC/trainwreck. I wasn’t sure which way it would tip me but luckily it calmed me down into a regular happy state. After the cannabis effect wore off I could feel a bit of the electric current but it was much reduced and is fully gone today. 


There was a time that I would welcome a journey into mania as a change from the dullness that I normally feel, but these days I’ve been feeling excellent and desperately want to keep it that way.



Today I made a few new flavours of egg bite (my life is so enriched)... the corned beef ones were good (just a little bit of the meat made for big flavour), but the smoked salmon & caper ones were fantastic!



Poor wee Spike had a pooptastrophe last night in his crate. I guess we weren’t paying close enough attention :-(   (and for a weird side note, Google Docs had a spelling suggestion for pooptastrophe!)



Our new guilty pleasure? Battlebots.



“When spring came, even the false spring, there were no problems except where to be happiest. The only thing that could spoil a day was people and if you could keep from making engagements, each day had no limits. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself.”

~Ernest Hemingway


fashionista

No comments: