Sunday, March 7, 2021

so blue

 A band of pink hovers on the horizon topped by a gradient of blues. The blue confuses my eyes… I’ve spent much time the last few days looking at grey, blue, and now green paint on Pinterest. Some rooms look great, others not to my taste. The blue that consistently catches my eye is a dark navy.


I wouldn’t do the whole room - that would look amazing at night but not so great on a dreary grey day. BUT! It would be fantastic on the lower part of the window seat. And maybe the bottom of the island. Perhaps even on my hand-painted cabinet at the other side of the living room. 


We are toying with the idea of painting the whole great room but… but.... I haven’t seen any photos of rooms with dark brown sofas and grey walls that I like. Not one. A pale blue can be nice, but the problem with blue is if you don’t have the right shade it looks like a bedroom. I’ve been spending a lot of time looking at our room and realize that I do like our green but don’t like the smokey blue on the window seat. I really don’t like that colour pairing. I’ve got a navy blanket draped over some stuff so I can see if I prefer it.


Gosh, that’s a lot of words to say that I’m driving myself crazy with virtual paint chips!


Spike is doing really well. He’s perky and his appetite is back 100%. Most of the mats have been picked up and tucked away (for next time?). We’ll keep a few out to make life a bit easier for him.


I have to give a little shout out to Adia for her good behaviour this week. She’s stayed out of Spike’s way and been gracious about the lack of attention. She missed a few days of wild running up and down the laneway, and now it’s too icy and still she’s been calm. Good girl!


The weather hasn’t switched into spring yet, but it’s coming! I can feel it in the air and in the strength of the sun. For the first time this winter the laneway is slick. The days are so much longer that no candles are required for dinner. In fact, most of my tiny lights have been stripped of their batteries and stowed till next November. 



“Grief gives you a hundred reasons to cry; hope gives you a thousand reasons to smile, joy gives you a million reasons to laugh, and love gives you a billion reasons to rejoice.”

~Matshona Dhliwayo

No comments: