Saturday, March 20, 2021

first day of spring

 I wasn’t dancing today… instead I was dragging my butt around after another sleepless night. This is a giant warning sign and one that I will heed. It will be an early to bed night with a dose of my capital E Emergency meds to make sure I sleep.


Today though, despite my fatigue, was a wonderful, glorious day. It is the first day of spring and the weather cooperated fully. The sky was cloudless leaving the sun to beat down on us with a ferocity that is only matched by high summer. Flocks of geese passed overhead (don’t look up with your mouth open!). I may have gotten a bit of sunburn. (oh joy, oh bliss).


I made some egg bites and jalapeno poppers, sliced up some bread, and with a cold beer in hand, we enjoyed our lunch outside, balancing the giant plate of food on our laps (the path to the barn where the patio table lives in the winter is still snowed in).


We sat outside for ages, basking in the prospect of summer. I should have been playing some reggae music.



We got some new beer to try this next week. We are going to do an ‘advent’ calendar to Carm’s birthday next Saturday.



“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”

~Elbert Hubbard

No comments: