Friday, March 26, 2021

singin and dancin and makin cake

 First thing out of bed: “It’s Friday again!” burst from my lips… it seems that there have been many Fridays since the pandemic started (54)


I’ve had a few days of being flat, not depressed, but not singing and dancing either... I suppose that’s why I haven’t written. At times I felt like giving into it and burying myself in my bed, but instead beat myself over the head and tried my hardest to turn it around. By hard work, luck, or magic it’s worked. (I’m thinking magic)  Today I was belting out Jim Morrison, gyrating around the kitchen as I assembled the ingredients for burnt sugar cake.


With sounds of the Doors and Boy George swirling in my head I got Carm’s burnt sugar cake done and frosted. It’s tucked away ready for ‘birthday cake for breakfast’ tomorrow, which is in fact, a ‘thing’.


‘Karma Chameleon’ was my earworm today… I found myself singing it anytime my brain had a few extra cycles to spare. What the heck! It’s because of a commercial with a Motoman playing it on his cycle. That makes no sense of course but that doesn’t matter. What does matter is those sons of b’s have seeded my brain with the worst of worms.


Oh, the days weren’t empty by any means. Mom and Dad joined us for a laneway visit on Tuesday; Jo Ellen and Don joined us on Thursday; Adia got her nails done on Wednesday; we blabbed with Olaf; yacked with Kirsten; ate cheesecake… and so it went, a week of visiting: very much UNLIKE the last 54! 


The weather this week has been incredible. Oh, today it’s raining like crazy and there was a bit of rain on Wednesday, but the other days! Sunny and warm. Yesterday it reached 20C. A very early taste of spring.


We did continue down the beer alley towards Carm’s birthday with a few more IPAs. 



This one was my favorite so far, an easy 5 star treat. Not too sweet or citrusy, thick like a glass of pineapple juice. Oh yeah baby! Soif Royale!


Tonight’s was a treat too but only gets a score of ⅘. Hypa was bright and crisp.



“It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want—oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!”

~Mark Twain

No comments: