Tuesday, March 30, 2021

two more days of sunshine

 Two days of sunshine started this week off well. Yesterday the wind made it feel cold, but today, even with a breeze, it feels comfortable. Not so comfortable that you want to take your sweater off, but warm enough for a fleece shirt with no down vest. Each day that passes takes us closer and closer to the day with no more snow in the forecast… that magical day when anticipation of summer picnics and languid days by the pool seems achievable, attainable, and SOON!


We all suffered yesterday, well, at least Spike and I did. I had my turn first: bloodletting at the clinic in Winchester. I’ll be frank: I very nearly cancelled as it seemed like a pointless risk. Then it was Spike’s turn: a full haircut. He was terrible, panting heavily, struggling, trying to jump off the table. My heart went out to the wee guy (even though I could have throttled him). He has little growths over his skin and sometimes the clippers catch one and make it bleed :-( It’s heartbreaking but I don’t know what to do.


With his squirming and trying to escape, I did a horrible job - he looks like a moth eaten hunting trophy.


Another sad Spike moment? Yesterday I asked him to ‘high five’ and he didn’t know what I wanted 😢. On a good note though: today he was able to get on the futon once.



Yesterday we tried something different: a beer smoothie. It was a surprising treat!



“Take off your hat," the King said to the Hatter.

"It isn't mine," said the Hatter.

"Stolen!" the King exclaimed, turning to the jury, who instantly made a memorandum of the fact.

"I keep them to sell," the Hatter added as an explanation; "I've none of my own. I'm a hatter.

~Lewis Carroll

No comments: