Friday, December 10, 2010

I Dare You to Stop Shilly-Shallying Around and Live Life to its Fullest

Today's word of the day is shilly-shally (to show hesitation or lack of decisiveness or resolution; dawdle). I have not been shilly-shallying around with my decision to retire - that is a firm resolution! And with only 8 more "get up and go to work"s left (yes - just 8!!!) I feel less and less hesitation.

Carm's retirement party was this afternoon. It was a really nice party with a great turnout. I think every spouse should hear others talking about the other. It made me look at him from fresh eyes and a different perspective.

I ran across this poem this morning. I thought it fitting as I had just mentioned Mother Teresa just the other day. I dare you to live it.

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.


Mother Teresa
Catholic Nun, Missionary
Nobel Peace Prize Recipient

1 comment:

Andy said...

I've heard of "dilly dally" but never "shilly shally"....lol.