Friday, December 3, 2010

Yippee Ki Yey

My idle pleasure today is had by sipping a really yummy Cafe Mocha from Starbucks. Its got whipped cream on the top and a lovely hot chocolate/coffee mix below. Hot, rich and totally delish - perfect for a December day! Its my consolation for coming in to work on a Friday.

0C, cloudy, 70 % chance of flurries, clearing in the afternoon.

Today's word of the day is yips which is a noun for a state of nervous tension affecting an athlete (as a golfer) in the performance of a crucial action. I can't speak for this word, but I'm pretty sure Carm could. He's talked about the golfers getting the yips many times when we are watching golf on tv (yawn).

At Costco we picked up a set of glass storage/microwave dishes with the "lock" type tops (GlassLock). I think these will be great on the camper. They are a bit on the heavy size but make up for it in functionality. I don't like using plastic in the microwave, so these will be good dishes for cooking and then storing the leftovers. I will just need a couple onboard. It gives me a tiny camping fix.

Tonight we picked up the car from the mechanics. It got a new, well deserved clutch. Our car, a Subaru, has almost 383,000 km and is running great (aside from the clutch which was its original one). We hope to get at least another year from it. Our last two cars, the Mazda 323 and this one, have been amazing cars, running virtually trouble free (touch wood!). We re-homed the Mazda when it was over 323,000 km - pretty good value for the money! The Subaru was a more expensive buy but has also proven itself to be worth every penny. I hope the truck gives as good service.

No comments: