Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Another Snowy Day, Another Poodle Hair Cut

I was watching the news tonight (yes the news - I made it the whole NZ trip without seeing ANY news, but sadly as soon as I got home the bombardment started again). Anyway, back to tonights news - it was all about the snowstorm. Traffic snarled & accidents galore. I'm happy to say that we didn't have to go anywhere today so just "enjoyed" the blizzard. It was nice and cozy inside, but a trip outside soaked my hair and froze the dogs. Spike even asked to wear a coat, which he normally hates.

The other thing on the news was about a fatal shark attack in NZ. Gulp.

This morning I got the clippers out and did both of the poodles. They were very fluffy but are now un-puffed. Hummm... I wonder if that's why he wanted a jacket! We did some calculations and figured out that by doing the grooming myself, we've saved over $7000. Yes, seven thousand dollars! I guess the 2 hours are worth the effort.

And speaking of Spike - his sore foot is back. I looked all over the toe but can't see anything. I don't know what it could be.



Yesterday we dashed into town for my monthly doctor appointment (isn't health care wonderful). I'm lucky in that I've had a good relationship with each of the three psych doctors that I've had. She gave me some good ideas for getting my system back in line. Having regular doctors appointments is one of the things that has helped me stay as healthy as I have over the last several years. That, and compliance with medications.

I dragged Carm off to Fabricland after my appointment. We combed though piles and piles of fabrics but I didn't see anything even close to what I want, so I'll order the fabric that I posted the other day. Isn't the internet wonderful :-) We did find a few placemats to decorate the table. Carm figures we already have some, so why do we need more? Well honey, the green doesn't match anymore, and it is an easy way to make the table look different, while using the same dishes. After all, I can't have several different sets of plates on board, can I?

Grace has still been enjoying her morning smoothie, but since I started using frozen blueberries I've had to seperate out some to warm up for her. The first day I wasn't thinking - after a few spoons she was shivering. Dooh. Leaving it on the counter for 10 minutes does the trick and she can easily eat TWO tablespoons worth of smoothie. I figure it is a good way to get some food that she might not normally eat (spinach, blueberries, flax, etc.)

We are sitting here wondering if our power is going to go off - the wind is howling and tossing the snow encrusted power lines...

Brew me a cup for a winter's night. For the wind howls loud and the furies fight; Spice it with love and stir it with care, And I'll toast our bright eyes, my sweetheart fair.
~Minna Thomas Antrim

2 comments:

Merikay said...

Thanks for th suggestion on keeping just a few place settings of my nice China. Even if I kept four the service would be for eight and thats a nice number.

Terri's Pal said...

Finally able to access your blog. At 5 PM or late night, it just doesn't load. Early morning (it's 9:45) seems to be the time to read; but I'm usually asleep. I'm way behind in reading.