Sunday, June 18, 2017

family and love

I clipped the poodles last Thursday and I’ll have to admit that it was a butcher job. I don’t know if something is wrong with my ‘30’ blades but I slashed both Bella and Spike’s feet a few times. My hands were bloody with my mistake. Thankfully they didn’t seem to notice… me though? I felt sick. Carm thought I had the shakes really bad, but I’m going to blame it on the blades - surely they are dull or something.

Do you watch ‘Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown’? It is always an interesting show with a combination of food, culture, and political climate. The last show we watched was about the Antarctic. The researchers there are studying the ice, and coincidently I read an article about the same thing yesterday. Apparently the ice is melting at a much faster rate than predicted. Not good news for coastal cities where the water is expected to rise by 10’ by 2100. That’s only 80 years from now.

Yesterday we dropped by my parents for a short visit. It was Mom’s birthday last Wednesday and of course Father’s Day today. I am so lucky to have both my parents living so close.

The day before I had mentioned to Spike that we’d be seeing Grandma and Papa. As usual he perked his ears up and looked around. Fast forward to Saturday afternoon when I was putting on some lipstick. Spike saw and started crying and jumping around. I told him he couldn’t come but his excitement didn’t wane. He was waiting by the door when it was time to leave. Normally it is not such a big deal when we go out. Did he remember the comment about Grandma or did he hear me talking on the phone with her earlier in the day?

The most important thing in the world is family and love.”

~John Wooden

No comments: