Friday, June 2, 2017

wrapped up

It was 6:45 am and I was standing on a gravel road with leashes wrapped around my legs. Why the heck did I think having 3 dogs would be a good idea. At that time and place I could have done with none.

They (Spike) usually sleep in until well past 8 am when we are home, but in the trailer his eyes fly open before the rooster has finished his cock-a-doodle-do. And yes, there are roosters here, but thankfully they don’t hang out at this end of the campground. Once awake there is no getting him back asleep so I dragged myself out of bed and got dressed for a walk. I figure getting them out and ‘businessed’ means I can go back to bed. And that’s what I did. Once we got the leashes all figured out.

It was a lazy day with some visiting in the lane and a trip to Kingston for a few supplies. Once back we visited outside with whom ever was passing by. The time flew by and it was time to go to the clubhouse for the Greek supper.

Then it was time for a campfire (across the ‘road’ at Andy & Edna’s). Christine, Marilyn and I did some camper comparisons, traipsing around the campground into each others trailers. It was fun to see different layouts and how they work for everyone.

The weather was variable and cold but thankfully it didn’t rain. Not nice for sitting around outside though. Getting together with people took a concerted effort.

I’m back in the camper from the campfire - lots of people are still there having fun, but I’m exhausted. This is a hastily written post, and with my editor outside there are bound to be some oddities.

No comments: