Monday, July 30, 2018

on this day

entering Alberta - 2013

On this day, 5 years ago, we arrived in Medicine Hat, Alberta. We had our villetta with us, and the dogs in the back seat. I was excited beyond words - Alberta is the home of my heart and we were finally there. The buildup from so many days on the road had me so wound up I was practically exploding with excitement.

http://pursuitofidlepleasures.blogspot.com/2013/07/savouring-it-for-its-beauty.html

What a trip that was!


wild raspberries along the fenceline

This summer we don't have anything as exciting planned, instead we've had day after day of quiet pleasure. Carm has golfed 29 times so far. I've relaxed on the swing. It is a different kind of summer than our trek out west and our days at Presquile, but enjoyable as well.

There has been time to count my blessings and to realize that even though there are some challenges, I've got it pretty good.


How many pillows does it take to make a poodle comfortable?


"Though the road's been rocky it sure feels good to me.” 
~Bob Marley


No comments: