Monday, July 23, 2018

the old man was snoring with garlicy breath

I woke to a light rain yesterday morning, just like Environment Canada had forecast. We hoped that it would continue throughout the day, but unfortunately not much water was released from the grey clouds. In fact, I went for a little wander in the late afternoon and the earth was dry and still cracked. We need several days of a good rain to quench the earthly thirst.


I went to visit my Mom & Dad yesterday and had a delightful day hearing about their trip to Norway. Dad had photos on his phone to illustrate the narrative. Another trip to add to my bucket list.


later in the day...

We gave into my burger craving and dashed to St. Albert. 1/2 a burger and a huge pile of fries are waiting in the fridge for my lunch tomorrow. Too much food to eat all at once.

On our way back we watched huge billowing clouds shoot lightning. We could see swaths of rain but not a drop at home. Too much lightning for swimming though which is a crying shame as it is hotter than the hinges of hell out there.


Last night we met up with Kari and Trevor for some nachos and a beer at a local brewery. There were some lively conversations that were, at times, hard to stop.

We are blessed in this area with 3 fantastic craft brewers within a 20 minute drive.


I almost forgot! We harvested our garlic today. They are nice, but not as big as we'd hoped. We'll have to save at least 1/2 of them for next year's planting.


No comments: