Thursday, November 14, 2019

finally a day at sea

I could see a sliver of grey sky through the gap in the curtains, and for the first time in a week, rolled over to go back to sleep. It’s been over a week of go go go and I am exhausted! A day at sea is just what the doctor ordered.


I did eventually wake up and get out of bed, late but in plenty of time for breakfast. It seems like lots of people slept in also as the buffet was crowded. We sat with a couple from Texas. They were interesting, but when they started trashing immigrants my interest waned. There isn’t a topic that turns me off more than that one.

We did a bit of sink laundry and then sprawled on the bed, me fast asleep in no time!

I managed to rouse myself in time for a little salad for lunch and of course a milky latte (darn! I just realized I haven’t been asking for a soy latte and that is probably why I feel so stodgy after.) Carm ran off to play bridge and I hung around the piazza to watch the antics, then came back to the room for some quiet time. It’s been such a barrage of noise this last week that my head is ready to implode. I need some quiet time and it’s hard to come by. If we aren’t out talking with people, the tv is on... 

It’s formal night tonight, which means dressing up like a grown woman for a change. Can’t say that I’m super fussed about the idea of wedging my feet into pointy toed slingbacks, but I guess I can bear the discomfort for a while.


We’ve been away from home for 9 days and I’m starting to get homesick. But I’m glad to know that Pat is home, taking care of the beasts and shovelling the snow. Yes, they’ve had snow back home.

Tonight’s show was a big production number called ‘Rock Opera’. The main singer was a winner on America’s Got Talent or some other show. He was great (and I had to laugh - he wore platform shoes like Ken Buck used to wear :-0  There were a number of other great singers and of course the amazing Princess dancers. 

After the show we sat in ‘Take 5’, the new jazz bar… and now for an early night to rest up for Gibralter tomorrow (don’t touch the monkeys!)

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Days at sea isour favorite part of cruising:) We leave for the next one in three weeks:))