Sunday, November 24, 2019

glassy

My eyes fluttered open and I checked my watch: 8:30 am (gmt-1). I flung open the curtains to see what sort of day we’d have - bright sun and a nearly mirror like finish to the ocean. Wow! 

I slid open the door and stepped out in my pjs to see what the temp was - hot - a day for shorts and summer tops. What the heck! Luckily I packed a pair of shorts, but only included a couple of warm weather t-shirts so I forsee (fingers crossed) lots of laundry in the sink.



According to the captain there are 16000 feet of ocean below us!

We had our usual breakfast and then wandered downstairs to get a macchiato. It was crowded in the piazza but I managed to find a seat where we chatted with the people around us for ages. Back in the room, I enjoyed some time on the balcony - we chose our room to be on the sunny side of the ship - but today the sun drove me in once I could feel the prickle of sunburn starting. 😁

Carm took off for a swim so I just chilled in the room, watching a rerun of Love Boat. Mindless drivel but fun. He got back from his splash with just enough time to change and rush off for a bridge game. 

I picked up my stuff and headed down to the piazza for the bridge tax: a pina colada in the Piazza. It’s fun watching the world go by. The table behind me were complaining about the food - they had nothing good to say, and strangely we think the food on this ship has been the best on any we’ve been on! I guess we all have different expectations. 


When Carm got back we spent some time on the balcony with a glass of wine. The wind has picked up a tiny bit so the ocean isn’t glassy anymore and there is still only a gentle swell. 

Sea days… not so bad! 



Tonight we had a single older gentleman on one side, and a pair of New Yorkers on the other. It was a fun dinner.

The entertainer tonight was a Broadway singer - he was okay, but when he did the prayer song from ‘Les Miserables’ I had tears in my eyes. From there we went to ‘Take 5’ for a cranberry juice and a bit of jazz, then to the other end of the ship to listen to the piano player.

First thing this morning I was texting Graham in Ottawa and Shenna in NZ while I was in the middle of the Atlantic! Isn’t that amazing :-)

So much fun in one day!

p.s. I am always amazed at how much I can babble on when nothing is really happening!

No comments: