Thursday, November 28, 2019

just 2 more seadays left

I am getting repetitive (wonderfully so)! I’d left the curtains open an inch so I could see when it got light out. It was still earlish (7:30 am gmt-3) which was surprising as I’d forgotten to take my meds at bedtime and only remembered at 4am (luckily I’d realized then otherwise my morning would have been ruined). A step outside revealed another glorious day with only a hint of cloud on the horizon. It was hot again :-)


Breakfast was pretty much the usual except I had a bit of Asian style pork - tomorrow I’m going to go all out with bok choy and other weird non-Western breakfast food.

On the way to the Piazza we stopped to see Crinella so that I could trial the lipstick I wore last night… it’s a pinky coral colour and I like it quite a bit so might buy a vial. 


At the Piazza we talked with a man who’d been in the Vietnam war… he’d finished his career in Data Management so we touched on work things a bit, but gosh, who the heck wants to talk about work in the middle of the Atlantic! He talked a little about his experience coming home from the war - he’d had a lot of injuries, physical as well as mental - he was the only one that returned alive from his unit. He had a positive attitude and it was clear that he worked on his mental health, but I felt that he was still haunted. Visions of the horrors of war were fresh in my head as we’d watched Tolkien last night so perhaps I had an extra bit of empathy.

We saw the matching couple line dancing in the piazza - I wish I had their joy for life! Apparently they’ve worn matching shirts since they got married 49 years ago šŸ˜„ It’s funny but sweet at the same time. I suppose once you’ve done it for a certain length of time it would be weird to change? 

11:30 am: Carm’s in the pool  - I decided to relax on the balcony and then when I got too hot, to lounge in the room babbling on my blog. It would have been a great pool time but I guess I’m not 100% yet.

3 pm: We had lunch (salad and grilled zucchini) then attended a lecture done by a 2nd officer of the ship about navigation and other interesting topics. He was a good speaker, keeping us entertained for over an hour. Now we are back in our room for a little rest (cause you know, everything has been so exhausting). We’ll go down for our pre-dinner drinks just past 4pm. 




6ish: back from supper (yes, more eating)... while standing in line to get in a very unpleasant man attacked Carm when he said that immigrants were a good thing. My goodness, the guy went ballistic. Carm was being rather bland (which if you know him...), and totally did not deserve that craziness. Thankfully Carm had the good sense to end the conversation and turn around to converse with another couple. Ugly.

Supper was great as it always is but today we were just 2 and in the section of our favorite waiter, Hector, so it took ½ the time as it did last night… we didn’t have anyone other than ourselves to talk to but perhaps it was just as well as we were a bit shell shocked from the earlier conversation.



The pianist from the other night was back on the stage - he played a 55 minute non-stop medley of every song you can think of. He was incredible! Jo Ellen, you would have loved the show.

As you can see, the only things to take photos of are the ocean, food, and each other! Sorry for inflicting so much drivel on you!


Good night!

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

I have enjoyed your cruise narratives and now looking forward to ours in less than a week:))