Monday, November 25, 2019

stretchy clothes are needed by day 20

I was awake a bit earlier this morning (7:30 gmt-1). As I stood there on the balcony, mouth agog, the golden orb of the sun popped over the horizon. It was still warm. The wind had picked up a bit, not a lot, but there was too much wind to have the balcony door open.


We are both creatures of habit and quickly develop routines. It’s part of why we were successful in our jobs, but also maybe why we aren’t really creative. We crave order. So yes, we had our showers and ascended to the top of the ship for breakfast. From there it was to the piazza for some real coffee.

Carm started babbling with some people about Brexit, so I took off and loitered around the ship a bit. Back to the room for some reading.

There was no bridge this afternoon so we had tacos for lunch by the pool, back to the room for some time on the balcony, reading and a tiny bit of laundry (remember I mentioned the summer shirts!). Carm went swimming. No pina colada today. I don’t feel bored yet.


There are lots of activities around the ship, and if I were a joiner I imagine there’d be all sorts of fun. I’m not really up to making the commitment to participate in a week long activity. I enjoy quiet time and I think it’s what is keeping me sane this trip. The other thing that’s helping is unlimited internet so I can chat with Pat every morning. Regular pictures of the pets keep me happy!


We decided to turn in our voucher for Crown Grill the speciality steakhouse. We also had one for a bottle of prosecco. Supper was fantastic and I had perhaps the best rib steak ever, either the steak knives were out of this world, or the meat was butter tender. By the end of the dinner I was stuffed and silently thanked goodness that I hadn’t put on my sausage stomach smoother.




We were in time to get good seats in the theatre. Tonight’s entertainer was the most amazing pianist imaginable. (I thought of you Jo Ellen - you would have loved him). He played a non stop medley of music from many countries for over 45 minutes, without sheet music. I’m afraid I didn’t have full appreciation though as I was so full I felt almost sick.

Funny thing… as the music moved through the countries a picture of the flag would display on the big screen… when the US flag appeared all the Americans cheered and clapped. 🤔

So that’s 2 sea days down, 5 to go… so far, so good!

No comments: