Friday, November 29, 2019

yet another lazy day

The sound of wind and waves battering against the side of the ship woke me up this morning. It was 6:30 am gmt-4. I opened the curtains. I shut the curtains and crawled back into bed for a bit. I opened them again and yanked open the balcony door… a big mistake as now it creaks and groans incessantly. Whitecaps topped the swell; I stepped outside onto the wet floor and took my photos.

I wouldn’t call the sea rough, but the floor does disappear out from under my feet now and then. It wouldn’t be a day for wearing heels! Carm figures the swells are about 8 feet high, enough for gentle rocking.


At breakfast, I decided to forego eggs and other North American fare, instead filling a bowl with rice, stir fry, and sauteed bok choy. It was a nice change!

The piazza had zumba and then a line dancing class while we had our coffee this morning. I could have joined, even with my 2 left feet, but I was more than happy to exert myself by tapping my foot while watching others sweat 😎

Only today (which by the time I post this will be almost gone) and tomorrow left for sea days and then we’ll disembark for our grueling trip home. I’ll be happy to see the dogs, and I’m already planning a visit to Kirsten, but honestly, I feel like I could stay here forever.




Aside from a short outing to have lunch at the buffet, we had a relaxing afternoon in the cabin watching the clouds play peek-a-boo with the sun as they race across the sky. We even skipped supper in the dining room for a picnic on the bed, complete with a bottle of bubbles that we bought in Genoa. It was nice to be far from the maddening crowd for a little while.

We did make an attempt at getting to the theatre tonight but it was sold out when we got there (45 minutes early!). There is a new production show so I guess everyone on the ship wants to go.

My head is spinning from all the movies we’ve watched today so it’s time to turn out the lights and close my eyes. Good night!