Tuesday, February 2, 2021

24 jars

 We are back to flakes of snow falling from a mostly white sky - if you turned me upside down the sky could easily be confused with the untouched snow in the field. Winter days like today make me feel like I could disappear into the gloom so I try to wear bright clothes, just in case! 


I think back to summer when the grass and trees are 100 shades of green and tiny colourful wildflowers dot the fenceline. So much colour. In the winter the colour is compressed into tiny rainbows captured in snowflakes, only released on a sunny day.


I made another batch of eggbites today: roasted red pepper w feta cheese and sun-dried tomato w cheddar. All topped with a bit of bacon. I’m pretty sure these aren’t low cal, but they sure are good! And no carbs for the win.



Yesterday we had some sun so I dashed out on my snowshoes for a quick tromp. I don’t go far, in fact if you saw how far I went you’d laugh and think me an idiot, but the cold on my face triggers a rosacea break-out. 


In some sort of pre-mania organizing fit, I bought a bunch of tiny 4oz mason jars so that I can organize dips, nuts, etc. in serving size containers. I can make a batch of dip, divy it up, freeze some, and refrigerate the rest. It will be easy to grab a jar, heat if necessary before chowing down with some celery or cucumber. If it’s easy I’m more likely to do it. And since I like things a little bit organized I was delighted that 8 jars fit into the black plastic Costco mushroom containers. So little to make me happy!


they hold 1oz of nuts perfectly!


My house is overfull with too much stuff, but some of it is neatly organized. Busting out the plastic containers in my stash is usually a sign of impending mania. Those times haven’t been coming very often these last few years and it’s showing as piles and cupboards become stashed with stuff. The bottom of the stairs going into the basement is a junkyard horror show! Maybe I can leverage my good mood and fake myself out into getting in the groove.



Poor wee Spike had an accident in his crate again tonight...



“I compare myself with my former self, not with others. Not only that, I tend to compare my current self with the best I have been, which is when I have been mildly manic. When I am my present "normal" self, I am far removed from when I have been my liveliest, most productive, most intense, most outgoing and effervescent. In short, for myself, I am a hard act to follow.”

~Kay Redfield Jamison

No comments: