Wednesday, February 10, 2021

a shave and a hair cut

 There wasn’t as much zip to my doo-dah this morning but still my mood shone as brightly as the sun. It wasn’t a day of frenetic activity but I was still getting things done: a batch of vanilla blueberry bites; Spike clipped except his legs; puttering around tidying (how can I tidy every day and still have more mess?) and as usual, supper prep. 



Tonight we had chicken thighs done in the actifry on a bed of sauteed mushrooms with a lemon caper sauce, a side of roasted rutabaga, and for a bit of green a heaping pile of brussels sprouts. Full full full. Adia spent dinner time in her crate as Grace enjoyed what was left on the bones - that girl can pick a bone clean!



We are having some wicked cold nights but the calendar pages are flipping quickly to spring.


I feel antsy tonight though and wish we had company over :-(



"Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.”

~Abraham Lincoln

No comments: